emdha Trust Service Provider (hereinafter referred to as “emdha TSP”, “we”) understand that your privacy is important to you and it is equally important to us. We take the protection of your privacy very seriously. We are committed to respect your privacy and protect your Personally Identifiable Information (PII), which is any information that (a) can be used to identify the PII principal to whom such information relates, or (b) is or might be directly or indirectly linked to a PII principal. We may process your PII in the capacity of PII controller or PII processor.
By submitting your PII to emdha TSP, you acknowledge that:
- We intend to provide the best of our services based on the data provided by you. However, if you are not able to provide the complete and correct data, we may not be able to accommodate your requirement(s).
- Providing any inaccurate data may make you ineligible for availing our products and services.
2. What type of PII do we collect from you?
We collect the PII depending upon your relationship with us or what you do when visiting our website for e.g.: to apply for any job openings, seeking service/product offering, your PII is collected by us. We may require you to provide specific data about yourself when you engage in certain activities (For e.g. recruitment purposes, procuring services/products etc.). Although it is optional for you to disclose the requested PII, however, you need to share in order to engage in certain activities on our website or maintain a relationship with us. The PII we collect from you may vary depending on which products or services you engage us to deliver. The PII we collect might include the following, but is not limited to:
- PII such as your first and last name, email address, mobile number, country and city.
- Business contact information such as company/employer name;
- Contractual information such as any information allowing us to perform our contractual duties; and
- Technical information about your device for security purposes such as your IP address or operating system. We may use a third-party service provider to assist us with some features of our website.
Our service provider may receive your PII on our behalf and will not be permitted to use it for any purpose other than defined in the contractual agreement with them.
Special category of PII is a subset of PII and includes ethnicity, health-related information, trade union membership, philosophical beliefs, genetic data, etc. emdha TSP does not seek to obtain and will not collect such data unless required by applicable laws.
3. How do We Collect PII from You
The PII (electronic/hardcopy) about you that we collect is through this website or other means for instance, survey(s), marketing event(s), recruitment drive(s) or as part of contract or when you contact us about our products and service.
4. How We Use Your PII
We collect and use your PII for human resources, business management, contractual, commercial and legitimate interests, where required. This may include the following purposes:
- To respond to your requests or contact you by post, email or telephone.
- Alerts for new features or enhancements to our products and services.
- To communicate about job or career opportunities which you have inquired.
- Identifying and evaluating candidates for potential employment, as well as for future roles that may become available.
- To ensure that our website and our services function in an effective manner for you
- We may use PII to deliver marketing and event communications to you across various platforms, such as email, telephone, text messaging, direct mail, online, etc. If we send you a marketing email, it will include instructions on how to opt out of receiving these emails in the future. Please remember that even if you opt-out of receiving marketing emails, we may still send you important service information procured by you.
- We may be required to use and retain PII for legal and compliance reasons, such as the prevention, detection, or investigation of a crime, loss prevention, or fraud. We may also use PII to meet our internal and external audit requirements, information security purposes, and as we otherwise believe to be necessary or appropriate.
We endeavor to collect only such PII that is reasonably necessary to perform services for you or to respond to your inquiries. You are responsible for ensuring that the data you provide is accurate, complete, and current; we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the PII we collect, and use is relevant to its intended use.
5. When We Share PII
- Within emdha TSP: Our businesses are supported by employees and affiliates, and PII will be made available to them if necessary, for the provision of services, account administration, sales and marketing, client and technical support, and business and product development, for instance. All of our employees and affiliates are required to follow our information/cyber security policies, sign a non-disclosure agreement when dealing with PII.
- Our third-party service providers: We collaborate with and are supported by service providers. PII maybe made available to these parties only when necessary to fulfill the services they provide to us, for example, software(s)/systems and platform support; marketing/survey services; cloud hosting services; advertising; and product/service delivery. Our third-party service providers are not permitted to share or use PII we make available to them for any other purpose than to provide services to us.
- Third parties for legal reasons: We may share PII when we believe it is required, such as:
◦ To comply with legal obligations and respond to requests from government agencies, including law enforcement and other public authorities, which may include such authorities outside your country of residence.
◦ In the event of a merger, sale, restructure, acquisition, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings.
6. Where We Store and Process PII
7. How We Secure PII
We take data security seriously, and we use appropriate organizational and technical measures to protect PII. Our security policies and procedures are closely aligned with widely accepted international standards and are reviewed regularly and updated as necessary to meet our business needs, changes in technology, and regulatory requirements.
8. How Long We Keep Your PII
We retain the PII for so long as is reasonably required for legal or business purposes. In determining data retention periods, emdha TSP takes into consideration local laws, contractual obligations, and the expectations and requirements of our customers. When we no longer need PII, we securely delete or destroy it.
9. Your choice to unsubscribe or opt-out
If you wish to unsubscribe from this website or from any other services (for e.g. surveys, promotional notifications etc.) at any time, you can send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Obligations towards PII Principals
- You may have the right to request access to the PII that emdha TSP has collected about you for the purposes of reviewing, modifying, or requesting deletion of the data.
- You may have the right to request a copy of the PII that emdha TSP has collected about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected.
- You may have the right to modify/withdraw your consent by contacting emdha TSP.
- You may have the right to request a copy of the PII being processed by emdha TSP.
- You may also request emdha TSP to cease the processing of your PII(e.g., if you choose to withdraw from our recruiting or for products and services program), although note that we may need to retain certain PII where required or permitted under applicable law.
- You may also have a right to object to processing of your PII that emdha TSP has collected about you.
- For any concerns you may reach out to Data Protection officer/Representative at email@example.com.
Note: The above-mentioned obligations towards you are generic in nature and can be exercised by you based on the applicable laws, only.
If you would like to make a request to access, review or correct the PII that emdha TSP has collected about you, or to discuss how we process your PII, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To help protect privacy, we take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your PII. We will make reasonable attempts to promptly investigate, comply with, or otherwise respond to your requests as may be required by applicable law. Depending upon the circumstances and the request, we may not be permitted to provide access to PII or otherwise fully comply with your request; for example, where producing your PII may reveal the identity of someone else. emdha TSP reserves the right to charge an appropriate fee for complying with your request where allowed by applicable law, and/or to deny your requests where, in emdha TSP’ discretion, they may be unfounded, excessive, or otherwise unacceptable under applicable law.